Warning Signs and Risk Factors for Suicide
For Suicide Loss Survivors
- Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools
- After a Suicide: A Toolkit for Schools 2nd Edition (PDF)
- WI Dept. of Public Instruction Youth Suicide Prevention
- Youth Suicide Warning Signs - Consensus guidelines on youth suicide warning signs.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Youth Resources - Resources for youth, including how to access the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and other resources for youth in crisis.
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - Resources for youth who may be having suicidal thoughts. You can also find information on how to cope if a friend dies by suicide.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center - Resources for Parents/Guardians/Families - Resources for parents, guardians, and other family members.
- The Trevor Project - Provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth ages 13–24.
- REDgen (Milwaukee children and teens)
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Bereavement Services for Children
For College Students
To help a suicidal friend:
General Information About Suicide Prevention
- Prevent Suicide Wisconsin
- Mental Health America - Wisconsin
- NAMI Greater Milwaukee
- Center for Suicide Awareness (Appleton)
- Charles E. Kubly Foundation